Sunbaked holiday on the way.

Caution: Image-and-blab-heavy post ahead. Images belong to Mimi, Joanne, and Thatha. Some of which I took myself.

Once upon a boring class, I was sitting on my cramped-class-notes-and-doodle-swarmed armchair. I was nibbling off my already cracked lips, trying to figure out who to team up with for our holiday assignment on one of our production classes. We were to produce a travelogue film over the Holiday; the objective being, to successfully record high quality and crisp audio despite our lack of resources. We were to find a way to get rid of unwanted background noises on our production.

A travelogue. So I thought, to save up some time, and effort (and cash), I should definitely ask people from the same town I come from. Then I asked Mimi, who was sitting two seats away from me that day.

Next thing I know, I’m on a motor boat ride to Boracay Island, itching to get off and feel fine white sand under my feet.


It’s amazing really, how the least expected travels turn out to be one of the most memorable ones.


So I came with three gorgeous friends, (L-R) Thatha, Mimi and my oh so awesome blogger buddy Joanne, and I can’t even begin to fathom all the fun we had during the four-day adventure. The only thing missing, really – and I stress that it is one important consideration when you’re travelling – was a photographer. Lol we had to set the camera on timer whenever we wanted a picture together. The result? Too many fail bangag photos I won’t dare post here lol. 

The whole trip began with a bus ride from Miagao of course. Despite some serious hangover from the previous night (We had some serious partying because the previous night was Lantern Parade, an annual Chirstmas Celebration in our school where academic organizations parade hand held and giant lanterns and students get drunk and party before the holiday break), we left really early the next morning cause we figured we shouldn't waste any time.

Some serious hours of bus rides came next, and we had to do stop-overs to get some lunch and leave our baggages at Thatha’s house, their neighborhood (Pandan, Antique) giving me nostalgia as it reminded me so much of my hometown in Samar

We arrived at the island at around 5PM, and good heavens look what we caught the exact moment we stepped into the shore.


All hail Boracay burning sunset. It was too perfect I can’t help but take photos of it while we were looking for the perfect location for our first scene. Then I started surveying the place in attempt to find some cute guys and I’m like what the heck is this place? It’s like a whole other planet. I don’t see any Filipinos anywhere. I swear it’s infested with so many foreigners it barely looks like the Philippines.


So anyway, after some location searching, we took a really short dip. I guess we just wanted to get acquainted with the waters first before fully immersing ourselves into it lol. Then we went back to the dormitory we were staying at for dinner, went out again and did some partying.


First we went to drink a few at a saloon located just a few feet away from the waters. We were sitting on the shore while listening to live reggae songs being played by a live reggae band which had the awesomest organ player ever. That’s him on the pic, the only one in the band with a short, un-braided hair. Then we went club searching, settled for a club named Club Paraw, had a few more drinks, danced crazy, and got wasted.

We got back at the dormitory at 2AM, woke up at 8AM, and again, despite the hangover, did the rest of our shooting for our travelogue. After shooting we went looking for a perfect spot for sun bathing. I badly wanted to get tanned, but they didn’t so we just settled for the shade instead. Then we took some more photos and did a lot of cam whoring on the shore.



We travelled back to Thatha’s place where we’re supposed to spend the rest of our days. The very next day we went for some adventurous “hiking” to Malumpati Cold Spring.


Originally, I was gonna take a dip. But then I went closer and saw tiny fishes swimming! You know how much I get scared with moving little slimy creatures. I get scared I might step on them and squish them with my evil big feet. The thought alone sickens me ugh. I surveyed the whole place instead and later on decided to play volleyball. But it got so hot and I started sweating so I ended up taking a dip anyway. It was so cold at first but it got better as we stayed underwater for some time. It felt good, plus, I didn’t step on the tiny fishes yayy!


All in all, it was superb, really. Not having to worry about anything else but trying to find joy amongst the littlest things and enjoy it. Like when we start laughing so hard at our fail bangag photos at the end of each day.


Surprisingly, these are people I don’t get to hang out with much in school. I mean, they are my classmates and we are pretty close. But besides class and some other extra-curricular activities, nothing really binds me to this group. But now we have this experience together and I can say it’s really something worth spazzing about someday in class.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Idk what else to say. I love this post. Hahaha. Sa uulitin!

Anonymous said...

I will be there on Feb.. I can't wait to go bora! Super love the sun and the beach... and ofcourse friends... :) Nice trip! Where you stay pala?

http://jenifferantonio.com

Pearl Aton said...

Beautiful pictures! I'd love to go back to the beach again. Lucky you! :D

Apriil said...

@Joanne You don't have to say anything, you just have to be awesome, which you already are. Hahaha

@Jennifer I hope you enjoy your trip! Bora looks fab as usual. A little greener, but still beautiful. We stayed at a dormitory hihi.

@indigorocketeer Thank you! You definitely have to try the beach soon :)

Sha said...

Lovely photos!!

merry christmas! ♥

Mary said...

Tomorrow, we are going to Pampanga. I hope we'll be doing something as fun as this.

By the way, we have an ongoing giveaway. Check it out at http://www.pixiechronicle.com/2012/12/pixiechroniclecom-new-year-giveaway-2013.html